KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team, and work under stressful situations
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete Ramp Agent training program with a 90% or greater average and an evaluation period
- Ability to read documents, follow instructions, learn and understand ramp operations procedures, rules and regulations
- Must be aware of hazardous situations and be able to handle emergencies as needed
- Must work under tight time constraints to accomplish quick turns of aircraft
- Must meet all grooming standards as outlined in the Ground Operations Employee Handbook and the Labor Agreement
- Must be able to be alert to moving vehicles or aircraft and use radio equipment. Must be able to communicate information and instructions verbally and/or via radio equipment
- Must possess a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet all local airport requirements
- May be required by Station Leadership to obtain a Customs Seal and meet all requirements to work international flights
- Requires you to obtain and maintain USPS Clearance and meet all requirements to handle US Mail
- Must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40 to 50 pounds on raised surfaces
- Must be able to climb, bend, kneel, crawl, and stoop on a frequent basis and for extended periods
- Must be able to work in cramped or high places
- Must be able to carry heavy items up and down jetway stairs
- Must maintain the ability to wear prescribed uniforms
- Must maintain a well-groomed appearance per Company appearance standards as described in established guidelines
- Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States as defined by the Immigration Reform Act of 1986
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to comply with Company attendance standards as described in established guidelines
- Ability to work shift work and/or overtime
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by start date to comply with Executive Order 14042, which requires employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
Effective March 1, 2022, Southwest Airlines is voluntarily increasing the starting wage rate for Ground Operations and Cargo Agents to at least $17 per hour. This impacts roles such as Ramp, Customer Service, Operations, Provisioning, and Cargo Agent New Hires.
*401(k) match contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule.
**ProfitSharing contributions are subject to the plan’s vesting schedule and are made at the discretion of the Company.
The starting wage rate increase above the contractual minimum wage is reviewed periodically and can be changed or discontinued at any time at the Company’s discretion.